Fast Facts on the Fundamental Deception of the Cults
- When witnessing to those caught up in various cults it is essential to properly define your terminology.
- Many cults today masquerade as genuine Christianity. They will often look and sound very much like true, Bible-believing Christians.
- What must be remembered though is that in many cases these cults are redefining Christian terms and practices to fit their man-made religious teachings.
- For example, Jehovah’s Witnesses claim to believe in Jesus Christ. However, their Jesus is very different from the Jesus of the Bible. The Jesus of the JW’s is really Michael the archangel, the first creation of Jehovah God.
- What these cults have essentially done is they’ve adopted the outer packaging of Christianity, but they’ve emptied it of its historical, orthodox meaning as defined by Scripture.
- Many members of the various cults are not even aware of how their organizations have twisted the truth through this tactic of redefining Christian terminology.
- By asking simple questions like, “Who is Jesus Christ?” and then pointing out the truth from God’s word (Col. 1:15-20), you can make a powerful impact on someone caught up in these false belief systems.
For more information on witnessing to those caught up in the various cults, please check out Dr. Carlson’s book, Fast Facts On False Teachings, available in our online store.
Follow CMI on Twitter at @jasoncarlsoncmi.