- Recent Supreme Court decisions have reminded us of the urgent need to continue championing the rights of the unborn. While science and philosophy provide strong support to the pro-life cause, its ultimate basis is rooted in the truth of God’s word.
- God is the Creator of unborn life (Job 10:8-12 & 31:15; Psalm 139:13-16) and God alone has the right to take life (1 Samuel 2:6; Psalm 90:3; Acts 17:25).
- God cares about the unborn and views children as blessings to be treasured (Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Psalm 127:3).
- Men and women must not take the life of the unborn (Exodus 21:22-25; Amos 1:13; Matthew 5:21). God hates the shedding of innocent blood (Proverbs 6:16-17).
- Abortion is impermissible even in cases of rape or incest (Deuteronomy 24:16; Ezekiel18:20; Romans 8:28).
- Unborn children who have potential disabilities deserve life because all people possess inherent dignity being made in the image of God (Genesis 1:27).
- God opposes abortion, but He loves all people and will forgive even the sin of abortion if a person will turn to Him in repentance (1 John 1:9; Ephesians 1:7-8).
For more information on abortion in light of Scripture, please check out the Apologetics Study Bible For Students available in our online store.