Fast Facts is a weekly email program where we provide our readers with relevant and practical resources to contend for the faith (Jude 3) and to be ready with an answer (1 Peter 3:15). We trust that these quick and helpful tools will give you greater confidence in sharing the truth of Jesus Christ.
To receive our weekly email broadcasts, simply enter your full name and email address in the fields provided and press the subscribe button. That's it! You may opt-out at any time should you decide to cancel your subscription. Click here for more information.
This Week’s Fast Facts
Fast Facts on the Claim that Christians are Anti-Science for Questioning Darwinism
- A common charge by Secularists today is that Christians who question Darwinian evolution are anti-science.
- Secularists are trying to convince the public that Darwinian evolution is a proven scientific fact. Thus, if you dare question it, according to the Secularists, you are anti-science.
- It’s important to note, however, that a person can have legitimate questions about Darwinian evolution and still hold science in high regard.
- Both Christians and Secularists share the same scientific data. How one interprets the data and the conclusions that are drawn are the real issues.
- The goal of true science should be an open-minded examination of the evidence, letting it lead us to accurate conclusions whatever they may be.
- For many Christians, rejecting Darwinian evolution isn’t the result of being anti-science. It’s simply the belief that the scientific evidence better points to a Creator, God.
Follow CMI on Twitter at @jasoncarlsoncmi.
PAST FAST FACTS