- Prosperity Theology is a dangerous teaching that declares that God wants us to be healthy, wealthy, and prosperous; and if we’re not experiencing blessing in these areas there is either some sin in our lives or we simply do not have enough faith.
- Many false teachers today have used this corrupt theology to take advantage of hurting and desperate people. They claim that through a donation to their ministry, often described as a “seed of faith”, people can experience miracles and blessings from God.
- Prosperity Theology is unbiblical because God never promises a life free of trials or suffering as a result of our faith. In fact, Jesus told his followers that in this world we can expect to suffer (John 16:33).
- Prosperity Theology also misses the mark in that God’s word reveals that God sometimes allows trials to come into our lives for our good (James 1:2-4; Romans 8:28).
- As followers of Christ it is wholly appropriate for us to bring our concerns to the Lord in prayer. However, should God allow us to continue in our trials, our greatest response is to trust Him, finding our strength and joy in Him (2 Corinthians 12:7-10).
For more information on Prosperity Theology, please check out Dr. Carlson’s lecture, Health, Wealth, and the Prosperity Gospel, available in CD or MP3 in our online store.