- In Genesis 3:15 God prophesied that the Messiah would be of the human race, from the seed of a woman. Jesus fulfilled this prophecy in that he was the only person in history not conceived through the seed of a man.
- In Genesis 12 God promised Abraham, roughly 2,200 years before the birth of Jesus, that he would make his descendants into a great nation and that through him all the peoples of the earth would be blessed. Jesus fulfilled this prophecy as the Jewish Messiah who would provide salvation for all people.
- In 2 Samuel 7:12-16 God told King David, roughly 1,000 years prior to the birth of Jesus, that his throne and kingdom would be established forever. Jesus came from the line of David (Matthew 1) and became the King of Kings and Lord of Lords who will reign forever (Rev. 11:15).
- In Isaiah 7:14 God prophesied through Isaiah, roughly 700 years before the birth of Jesus, that the Messiah would be born of a virgin and would be called Immanuel, meaning God with us. Jesus was the fulfillment of this prophecy as God come in flesh, born of a virgin.
- In Micah 5:2, roughly 700 years prior to the birth of Jesus, God prophesied that the Messiah would be born in the town of Bethlehem. Jesus was born in Bethlehem in fulfillment of this prophecy.
For more information on the amazing Messianic prophecies found throughout the Old Testament, please check out the Apologetics Study Bible for Students, available in our online store.