- When witnessing to a Mormon it is not uncommon for them to ask the question, “Have you prayed about the Book of Mormon?” When faced with this question it can be helpful to recall the following points...
- This question is a ploy on the part of the Mormon. Christians have no moral responsibility to seek God over whether historical fabrications and theological heresies are true.
- The Bible says to test all things (1 John 4:1; 1 Thessalonians 5:21). Ask the Mormon, “Have you tested the Book of Mormon?”
- Point out the numerous historical and theological inconsistencies in the Book of Mormon.
- One of the most helpful responses to this question is to simply answer, “Yes, I have; and God told me that the Book of Mormon is a false revelation written by a false prophet.” This response creates a dilemma for the Mormon, for it is now your subjective testimony versus their subjective testimony. You can then invite the Mormon to join you in an objective examination of the Book of Mormon.
For more information on witnessing to Mormons, please check out Dr. Carlson’s book, Fast Facts On False Teachings, available in our online store.