- 1 Timothy 4: 1 states, “The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.” We are seeing this today as never before, especially in regards to the world of the Occult.
- Within the realm of the Occult there are three primary branches: Mantic, Magic, and Spiritism.
- The term Mantic refers to divination or fortunetelling. Examples of this area of the Occult include practices like astrology, tarot cards, palmistry, numerology, etc. The Mantic practices of the Occult are forbidden by God in Deuteronomy 18:20-22 and Isaiah 47:13-15.
- Within the area of Magic there are two schools: White Magic and Black Magic. White Magic refers to Witchcraft or Wicca. This school believes in one universal spiritual force that is basically good. Black Magic refers to Satanism. This school believes in two poles of power in the universe, God and Satan. We will discuss both of these areas of the Occult in more detail in future Fast Facts, but it is important to recognize that practicing Magic in any form is condemned in Scriptures like Deuteronomy 18:9-13.
- Spiritism refers to the practice of contacting the dead or the spirit realm. Examples of this area of the Occult include practices like séances, consulting mediums, playing with the Ouija board, etc. God forbids the practice of contacting the dead in passages such as Leviticus 19:31 and Isaiah 8:19.
For more information on the world of the Occult, please check out the documentary DVD titled, Pop Culture Paganism: Vampires, Wicca, and the Occult, available in our online store.