- The term “Occult” comes from the Latin word “Occultus” meaning “hidden or secret things”. It is popularly used in reference to the spirit realm, which many believe can be accessed to gain knowledge, power, and control over our lives.
- It is estimated that over 50 million Americans dabble in some form of the Occult on a regular basis. Practices like astrology, tarot cards, palm reading, Ouija boards, psychics, mediums, and witchcraft are common.
- Throughout Scripture God clearly condemns any participation in the realm of the Occult (Deuteronomy 18:9-13; 2 Kings 21:1-6; Galatians 5:19-21).
- The fundamental error of the Occult is that it is rooted in sinful pride. It is embracing the lie of Genesis 3 where Satan said to Eve, “Did God really say?” The Occult’s false promises of knowledge, power, and control divorce humanity from a humble reliance on our Creator. He alone is sovereign over all.
- Forgiveness is available to anyone involved in the Occult. If you’ll humble yourself and confess your sins to Jesus Christ, he will cleanse you of all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).
For more information on the Occult, please check out the documentary DVD, Popculture Paganism, available in our online store.