- The Old Testament contains over 300 prophecies regarding the coming of the Messiah, all of which were fulfilled by Jesus Christ.
- Remarkably, in Micah 5:2 Bethlehem was named as the birthplace of the coming Messiah, some 700 years before the birth of Jesus.
- The "suffering servant" passage of Isaiah 52-53 accurately depicts Jesus' substitutionary atonement for our sins.
- Psalm 22, Psalm 34:20, and Zechariah 12:10 are amazing prophecies depicting the crucifixion of Jesus Christ roughly 400 years prior to the invention of crucifixion.
- Isaiah 53:9 foretold Jesus' burial in a rich man's grave while Psalm 16:10 prophetically declared his triumphal resurrection.
For more information on the remarkable prophecies of Scripture, please see Dr. Carlson's CD or MP3 lecture titled, The Bible: God's Word?, available in our online store.