- Wrestling with spiritual doubt has been a common reality for God’s people since the serpent tempted Adam and Eve (Genesis 3).
- The Bible is filled with real, honest, and sometimes very raw examples of God’s people experiencing spiritual doubt (Sarah, Moses, Job, David, Peter, Martha, Thomas, and many more).
- God doesn’t view our spiritual doubt as sin, but rather, as an opportunity to grow our faith, build character, and work out his perfect will for our lives (James 1:2-4).
- The key to overcoming spiritual doubt is to humble ourselves before the Lord, trust in the promises of his word, and wait on him with the hopeful expectation of ultimate deliverance (1 Peter 5:6-7; Proverbs 3:5-6; Isaiah 40:27-31).
- As believers we can also look forward to the day when all of our doubts will be forever wiped away in the eternal presence and peace of God (Revelation 21:3-5).
For more helpful answers to common questions of faith, please check out the Apologetics Study Bible for Students, available in our online store.