- Salvation is a gift of grace that we receive through faith alone (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- We are justified, or made right in God’s eyes, through faith in Jesus Christ, not by keeping the law (Galatians 2:16).
- Jesus removed the debt we owed, and its obligations, through his death on the cross (Colossians 2:13-15).
- The Bible declares that human efforts to obtain our own righteousness are misguided (Romans 10:1-3).
- Jesus taught that outer works of righteousness don’t address the inner, spiritual problem of our sin (Matthew 23:25-28).
For more information on the unique nature of the salvation available through Jesus Christ, please consider Dr. Carlson’s lecture, World Religions & the Uniqueness of Jesus Christ available in MP3 or CD in our online store.