Fast Facts on the World’s Different Views of God
- Within religious and philosophical thinking there are a number of different concepts of God found in our world today. Some of the most common are these.
- Atheism says there is no God.
- Agnosticism says there may be a God, but we can’t know for sure.
- Deism says there is a God who started the universe, but this God is now distant and unknowable.
- Theism says there is a single God who is knowable, either personally or through revelation.
- Pantheism says that everything is God and God is an impersonal force.
- Panentheism says there is a God who is distinct from the universe, but the universe exists within God or as an extension of God.
- Polytheism says there are many finite gods.
- Animism says there are many finite gods who spiritually indwell the natural world.
For more information on these differing concepts of God, please check out The Apologetics Study Bible for Students, available in our online store.
Follow CMI on Twitter at @jasoncarlsoncmi.