Fast Facts on the Reality and Nature of Miracles
- The Naturalistic worldview denies the possibility of miracles as it denies the reality of God and the supernatural. However, this denial is a philosophical assumption of faith.
- If God exists supernatural miracles are possible. If God is personal and loving, as the Bible declares, supernatural miracles are probable.
- The existence of the universe, out of nothing, is the greatest miracle ever. There is no Naturalistic explanation for it.
- The Bible contains stories of hundreds of miraculous events. However, it's important to remember that the Bible covers thousands of years of human history. Miracles were as incredible and unique in biblical times as they are today.
- The biblical accounts of Jesus' miracles were written in such close proximity to his lifetime that it is highly improbable that these were legendary accretions into the text.
For more information on the reality of miracles, the nature of God, and the worldview of Naturalism, please see Dr. Carlson's book, Fast Facts On False Teachings, available in our online store.
Follow CMI on Twitter at @jasoncarlsoncmi.