Fast Facts on True Love
- God is love and He created humanity to know His love and share it with one another (1 John 4:7-8).
- Our world today promotes many false ideas about love: love is sex, love is a feeling, love is personal fulfillment, etc.
- True love is being totally committed to the betterment of another person. It is selfless and seeks to serve for the good of others (Ephesians 5:1-2, 25-29).
- The world often labels Christians “intolerant” for not affirming its notions of love, but Jesus showed us that sometimes the most loving thing we can do is confront sin and point people to God’s will for our lives (John 8:3-11).
- Jesus modeled true love perfectly. He came to serve and sacrifice; and he loved with both grace and truth (Matthew 20:28; John 1:14).
For more on the reality of true love, please check out the Apologetics Study Bible for Students, available in our online store.
Follow CMI on Twitter at @jasoncarlsoncmi.