Fast Facts on “Where is God in the Midst of My Suffering?”
- Questioning God in the midst of suffering is a common human reality, but God’s word reminds us of some powerful truths that can encourage and sustain us through difficult times.
- First, God knows all about your circumstances. He is never surprised, never shocked, and never caught off guard. As Psalm 139:16 reminds, “all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”
- Second, God cares about the trials you’re experiencing. Psalm 139:17-18 declares, “How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them they would outnumber the grains of sand”. Have you tried counting the grains of sand at the beach lately? God is not indifferent to your suffering. You are on His mind continuously!
- Third, God comforts with His faithful presence and gentle touch. Psalm 139:7-12 assures there is nowhere you can go to flee God’s presence; even in your darkest hour He is there with you. And verse 10 affirms, “your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.”
- When you find yourself in the midst of the trials of life, remember: God knows, God cares, and God comforts. Trust Him!
For more information on finding hope in the midst of suffering, check out Dr. Carlson’s powerful lecture titled, “Health, Wealth, and the Prosperity Gospel” available in CD or MP3 in our online store.
Follow CMI on Twitter at @jasoncarlsoncmi.