Fast Facts on the Occult
- What is the Occult? The term Occult comes from the Latin term occultus, which refers to “hidden or secret things.” It refers specifically to the incursion of a fourth dimension, a spirit realm, into our three-dimensional world.
- It is estimated that over 50 million people, including a growing rate of young adults and children, are dabbling in the occultic world.
- Well-known, and even popular elements of the occult that we see today are: astrology, tarot cards, palm reading, Ouija boards, psychics, mediums and witchcraft, to simply name a few.
- But when we look to the Bible, we see very clearly God’s condemnation for those who look to such false powers and wonders: Deuteronomy 18:9-14 reveals God’s distaste for those who look to those “who practice witchcraft, or one who casts a spell, or a medium, or one who calls up the dead... You shall be blameless before the Lord your God.” See also, 2 Kings 21:1-6, 10-15.
- The Bible says that it is the job of the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth and teach us all things in this life. God wants to be the Guide and Teacher of your life. The Bible says there is only one God—and only He knows all things about you—which include all of your past, present, and future.
For more information on the World of The Occult and how we as Christians can give an informed response to it, please check out the book, Fast Facts on False Teachings available in our online store.
Follow CMI on Twitter at @jasoncarlsoncmi.