Fast Facts on Responding to Common Mormon
Arguments – Part VI
- Often times when witnessing to a Mormon they will ask the question, “Have you prayed about whether or not the Book of Mormon is true?” When asked this question, remember and point out the following…
- This question is a ploy on the part of the Mormon. Christians have no moral responsibility to seek God regarding whether lies and heresies are true.
- The Bible says to test all things (1 John 4:1; 1 Thessalonians 5:21). Ask the Mormon, “Have you tested the Book of Mormon?”
- Point out the numerous historical and theological errors and inconsistencies in the Book of Mormon.
- When you’re asked if you’ve prayed about the Book of Mormon, simply reply, “Yes I have; and God told me that it was a false revelation written by a false prophet.” Now you’ve created a dilemma for the Mormon where it’s your subjective testimony versus their subjective testimony. At this point you can challenge the Mormon to examine the historical and theological basis for the Book of Mormon.
For more information on witnessing to Mormons, please check out Dr. Carlson’s book Fast Facts On False Teachings, available in our online store.
Follow CMI on Twitter at @jasoncarlsoncmi.